2019 Spring AAU Teams, Club Teams and School Teams Tournaments
- Deadline to enter: Mondays before tournament, 12 noon, if tournament is not sold out
- Full payment MUST accompany Registration. No refunds if a team cancels 14 days or less to tournament date.
If Staying Overnight in Scranton PA Please use one of our Hotel Sponsors listed on left
Boys & Girls Tournaments Listed Below
SCHEDULE is POSTED BELOW
We will have made every effort to accommodate as many schedule requests as possible.
Schedule will only be changed due to a procedural error on our part. As Always please Check Back Often for any changes. Always remember to refresh your browser to get the most current schedule.
Coaches ONLY email email@example.com with any issues.
Gyms open 15 minutes before first game. Coaches Bring your own basketballs
Except for the First Game of the Day. All teams should be at their Courts 20 minutes early we will start games up to 15 minutes early If the game in front of you ends early. Be prepared to play.
Gym Locations are posted on the left tab — Home team is listed last (second) on the schedule.
Some times between games are longer than we normally would schedule due to this format of playing up to 3 games in one day and coaches coaching multiple teams effects the scheduling
Expand or Download the schedule then Press Ctrl F and enter your team number to find your games in the grid
Local Court Addresses
Practice Gym Locations
5 West Olive Plaza
Scranton, PA 18508
Scranton High School
63 Mike Munchak Way
Scranton, PA 18508
Dunmore Community Center
1414 Monroe Avenue
Dunmore, PA 18509
3427 N Main Avenue
Scranton, PA 18509
Lackawanna College Student Union (Old CYC)
500 Jefferson Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510
Moosic Youth Center
606 Main Street
Moosic, PA 18507
Throop Civic Center
500 Sanderson Street
Throop, PA 18512
University of Scranton
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510
West Scranton High School
1201 Luzerne Street
Scranton, PA 18504
West Scranton Intermediate School
1401 Fellows Avenue
Scranton PA 18504
Backcourt Hoops – NEPA Flames AAU Tournament Rules
All PIAA Rules Except:
Games Can start 5 min before scheduled start time
Games are two 16 minute halves with stopped time, except for ages 4th – 5th Grade which play 14 minute halves
· Boys 4th-6th grade (10U-12U) and all girls teams play will use the 28.5 Ball
· Pre-game warm up will be limited to 2 minutes (unless extended by tournament official). Halftime will be 2 minutes and overtime will be 2 minutes.
· If a court is running behind, it may be necessary to shorten the warm up or halftime.
· 5 minute grace period from the scheduled start time before forfeit is announced.
· Each team gets two full timeouts per game and 1 thirty second timeout per half. The thirty –second timeout does not carry over. Overtime includes 1 additional thirty-second timeout.
· Any player or coach receiving 2 technical fouls is excused from the game and will not play in the next game. Any player ejected for fighting will be excused from the tournament.
· 6 personal fouls per game.
· One and one on the 10th team foul – Free throws On the Release
. Last Minute of the game & Overtime all common fouls (non shooting) will be 1 and 1
· Mercy Rule: if team is winning by more than 20 points in the last 9 minutes the clock will run. if it returns to under 20 clock will stop with no mercy rule in effect
1.) Head to Head
2.) Point differential up to a maximum of 15 points per game. (2 or More Teams Tied will then Be Seeded Highest to Lowest PD)
3.) Least points allowed
All forfeits will be given a differential of 15 points A team that forfeits loses all tie breakers at tournament directors discretion. Placement, if any, in Bracket play is at the tournament Directors discretion.
Players may play on more than one team but only in a different division as long as their name appears on submitted team rosters of both of the teams before the tournament starts & Player meets age requirements for each team.
Bracket Play – the dual team player must have played in at least one pool game with the team to be able to play in bracket play games.
Coaches that are coaching More than 1 team must have an assistant coach available to coach the other teams during bracket play.
Two Coaching Passes per Team. Only Two Coaches allowed per Bench Area. Only One Coach Standing.
Only Official Personnel are allowed at the scoring table. No Participating Team score keepers allowed at the table.
Players may play on more than one team but only in a different division as long as their name appears on submitted team rosters for both of the teams before the tournament starts & Player meets Grade requirements for each team.
Bracket Play – the dual team player must have played in all pool games with the team to be able to play in bracket play games.
Boys & Girls’ divisions are determined by grade athlete is in as of September 1st, 2018