RIVERFRONT SPORTS & BACKCOURT HOOPS GAME PROTOCOL
PROTOCOL & GUIDELINES FOR GAMES
AT RIVERFRONT SPORTS & BACKCOURT HOOPS
- Only players, coaches and officials are allowed in the building. A subscription to LiveBarn is available for parents to watch basketball.
- Masks are required for everyone except for active players. Referees will not be mandated to wear masks but are encouraged.
- Maximum of two coaches per team permitted in building.
Players and coaches are expected to arrive at the facility wearing their game uniforms and sneakers to reduce crowding in the bathrooms. There will be no spectators.
POST GAME PROCEDURES
Handshake lines are strictly prohibited. At the conclusion of each game, teams will be required to leave the facility immediately and will not be allowed to congregate or huddle in the facility. If teams are playing a second game in the next time slot, they must go directly to the next court they will be playing on.
NOTICE OF ALTERATIONS
No two facilities, counties or states are handling the COVID-19 situation in the same way; therefore our procedures and policies will be updated and adjusted based on the most up-to-date information and the current restrictions of the facility, county and state the event is run. Please stay current on expectations by communicating with your coach and program director. A detailed event-by-event action plan will be sent to all coaches and program directors prior to the first day of the event.
HEALTH & SAFETY
STANDARD PROCEDURES & REMINDERS
- Hand Washing: Everyone will need to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after handling equipment, blowing their nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Social Distancing: It is recommended to stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people, when possible. We will be encouraging social distancing through increased spacing, small groups, and limited mixing between groups, and staggered scheduling, arrival, and drop off, whenever feasible.
- Cover Coughs and Sneezes: Always remember to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
SANITATION & CLEANING PROCEDURES
- Frequently Touched Surfaces: Frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, countertops, handles, toilets, faucets, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected by our staff every 2-3 hours, and then again when throughout the day. Unnecessary furniture and equipment have been removed so that there are less surfaces.
- Cleaning Stations: Each court/field will have a designated cleaning station with EPA certified cleaning solutions for increased cleanup throughout the day.
- Hand Washing & Sanitizing: We will be promoting frequent handwashing for players and staff. Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the building for in between handwashing.
- Staff Training: All Riverfront Staff have been trained in new health and safety protocols.
- Our facility will be sanitized daily. All field turf and bleacher areas will be cleaned with commercial-grade disinfectant. Our facility has been cleaned from top to bottom. All filters in our ventilation system have been replaced and doors will be opened to provide maximum air circulation.
- When to Stay Home: We encourage any player, coach or official who is sick, or coming from a household where someone is sick, to stay home.
- New Developments: Our team will regularly communicate and monitor developments with local authorities, employees, and families regarding cases, potential exposure and updates to policies and procedures.
MASKS & FACE COVERINGS
- Riverfront Staff: All staff will wear cloth face coverings.
- Players: In accordance with the Governor’s directive, children will not be required to wear cloth face coverings, although face coverings are still recommended by the CDC, especially for older youth, when feasible.