Girls 4-5th and 5-6th Grades
DECEMBER 2nd GAMES ARE POSTPONED
Montage Mountain Girls Winter League Starts November 25th 2019
Who: Girls basketball teams divided into three age Divisions: 4-5th Grade or 5-6th Grade, . (all players must be from the same school unless approved by John Bucci.)
What: Girls Winter league with a 7 game season. All teams make the playoffs and are guaranteed 8 games. The Girls 4-5th Grade play on 8.5ft baskets and the Girls 5-6th Grade League play on 10ft baskets.
Where: Backcourt Hoops
When: Monday and or Tuesday nights, beginning November 25, 2019 through Early February 2020. Entry Deadline November 17th, 2019.
Why: Play against other teams to improve your basketball skills in a competitive and organized setting. Games will use PIAA Referees and will utilize a stopped clock.
- In case Of inclement weather all cancellations will be posted on our website, backcourthoops.com
- Each team must supply a scorekeeper or clock operator.
- Coaches should plan to bring their own basketballs. Basketballs will not be provided.
- Courts open 15 minutes prior to the first game of the evening.
Girls Winter League 5th/6th Grade Playoff Schedule
All PIAA rules except for the following:
- 13 minutes halves (4th-5th/5th-6th Grade)
- 2 minute half time
- 1 full timeout; 2 30-second timeouts
- One-on-one on 10th team foul; no Double Bonus
- Mercy rule: If team is up by 20 points clock runs for last 8 minutes (if score drops below 20 point spread it will switch back to stop clock)
- If a team is winning by 15 points or more, they cannot press
- 4-5th grade: No full court press, half court allowed, 8.5 ft baskets
- Overtime will be 2 Minutes